When I was in college many friends called be ‘Brie’, but one friend always called me ‘Breeze’. I loved the nickname because it made me feel free, light-hearted and described me well- as I was always in motion. Fast forward a few years…everything and nothing has changed. I still fancy myself free spirited, light-hearted and yes…I am always in motion.
When fall rolls around I catch myself smiling; embracing the cool mornings, crisp air, changing colors and the ever-increasing pace of life. It is always my busiest season and I must secretly admit- I do love it!
So…needless to say, the blog posts are a bit fewer and father between but here’s an update on the latest:
- Weddings, Weddings & more weddings! Love is a joy to document…every single time.
- Harvest- Commercial shoots for wineries telling the rich and passionate story of the vines. Love these VERY early mornings when I get to tromp through the vines, camera in hand trying to keep up with the hard-working pickers. Recently I was also hired by a wine brand to tell the story from vine to bottle A story indeed- so excited to begin!
- Yum!- Food Photography- My food & chef photography is expanding as I get more requests and find that I love this aspect of my business. Very excited about one current project where I will get to document the food & behind the scenes images of a local chef extraordinaire. More details coming soon…
- Celebrations & Families- From baby’s first year, 50th wedding anniversaries, vow renewals, cancer survival celebrations, birthdays, businesses opening and more… Can’t say I mind having the honor to capture these special moments. I even had the pleasure of working with one of my favorite clients at the family’s property in Carmel Valley, photographing them with their horses. Such a treat!
- Local Businesses- ok, so how lucky am I that I am surrounded by a food & wine mecca? Commercial photography runs the risk of being boring but when you have clients like Calistoga Ranch, Clif Family Winery, Summit Lake Vineyards, Hunnicutt, Moffett Wines, Arkenstone, St. Helena Coop, Queen of the Valley Hospital, Clark Claudon, Gott’s,… need I say more! My clients rock and that makes all the hard work worth every moment.
- Charity – Clinica Verde was an amazing success and I thank everyone who helped make it happen. Photo-Philanthropy grant application closes in a few short days. Putting the final touches on the application- it is such important work and I have committed myself to one large project a year. Not sure where that will take us this year…
So,thanks for your patience if I am a bit slower to respond to your calls or emails. I may be a bit crazed this time of year but if you look closely, you’ll also see a giant smile! Thank you all for your business!