How do you do it? A day in the life…Mama Photographer!
Ok…I was asked three times today. It’s the most common question that I get when people find out that my ‘day job’ is tackling two high energy boys ( ages 2 & 5). Here’s my best awnser…
I enjoy it…live it up…have a supportive family & don’t sleep a great deal. So far I’ve survived with no daycare. Childhood is too brief and I can take all of the doses of wonder I can get!
- A run in the woods while my five year old Brandon leads me out on his bike…he’s the best trainer I’ve found.
- An hour on the computer catching up on emails and print orders.
- A visit to the lab, bless the employess there as they help me while my boys begin to lose patience.
- A trip to the park where I visit with friends while the boys explore the joy of wet sand and cover themselves head to toe. Gotta love the joy of the simple things.
- A visit to the Napa General Store to check on inventory.
- Lunch with friends along the Napa River; asian noodles for the mamas and a great spot for the munchkins to check out the baby ducks.
- A visit to the studio to drop off frames for this weekend’s gallery opening.
- During the drive home we alternated “Go Froggy” on tape with a few phone calls.
- Cleaned up around the house & packed for this weekend’s camping trip
- Awnsered more emails; planning family’ wine (Clark-Claudon)’s new label.
- Made dinner…
- Played Jenga with a 2yr old…now that’s a practice in patience
- Bath & Stories and then the little ones are down for the night
- Visit with hubbie
- To the computer….edit photos, read photo publications, email, and finally blog!
- 1 am… Off to bed…tomorrow we’ve got gymnastics, catepillar hunting, a photo shoot and I’ve got two weddings to edit.
I love it. I’m a bit nuerotic at times, but wouldn’t trade it for a minute. I so value my friends, can’t live with my fam & take all the goodness from my boys that I can. Photography gives me the opportunity to slow down and watch the amazing world in front of me.